When people use spas, they leave undesirable compounds like body oil, perspiration, and cosmetics that can irritate the skin, burn the eyes, and create odors. Oxidizing, also known as shocking the water, removes these compounds and restores water clarity and comfort. An oxidizer should be used weekly in most residential spas and more frequently in heavily used or commercial spas.
When ordering Crystal Clean products, register for your Lifetime Warranty on hot tub jets with qualifying purchases from Sunset Spas or an authorized Crystal Clean 123 dealer.
Disclaimer: Crystal Clean 123 may substitute a comparable product depending on the availability.
Here are some of the most important benefits:
• Kills Bacteria: One of the most important reasons people use non-chlorine shock in their hot tub is to sanitize the tub and keep it safe.
• Removes Organic Contaminants: Because standard sanitizers sometimes struggle with managing waterborne organic compounds when the hot tub is frequently used, regular shocking can help maintain safe water and remove these pollutants.
• Reactivates Sanitizers: Chlorine sanitizers work by attaching themselves to contaminants. However, a shock treatment breaks the bond and frees the chlorine particle from the contaminant. This then reactivates the chlorine and allows it to seek out other bacteria to remove.
• Shock is especially important if using the @ease system.
• Add 2 ounces weekly.
• Shock is not critically important if using the Crystal Clean 123 program and you are draining the spa every 3 to 4 months.